
Red Lentil Dal from Happy Herbivore's blog.

Sloppy Lentils, adapted from a recipe by Robin Robertson.
Both were very good! And before you say it, I know I need to try the Snobby Joes from Veganomicon. I just don't have all the ingredients to make it this week. :( The following are other food highlights from my week...
I had to show off this picture!

My friend made the Mocha Chip Muffins (from VwaV) and surprised me with one this week. This baby was oozing with chocolate lava goodness after a very brief pop in the microwave. This was such a freaking good muffin, and this is going to be my staple muffin recipe when I go home for the summer - my mom loves double chocolate chip muffins!

And peanut sauce with tempeh satay, kale chips, and a hunk o' cherry walnut bread from work. What a fabulous dinner it was - and the kale chips are wonderful and incredibly addicting! Did you know that kale is loaded to the gills with calcium?! Yep, it's true. So chew up and build strong bones.
Ruby out!
32 comments:
Those muffins look SO good. I can't wait to get VwaV in the mail tomorrow or Monday!
That muffin looks amazing - enough to make me consider buying that cookbook for that one recipe (although I am sure I would find plenty of other recipes I would love)......
I really need to try kale chips finally, I think! and that muffin... oh oh oh that muffin... :O
looks heavenly!
I made those Mocha Chip Muffins awhile back, they rock!
It seems that everyone has tried kale chips but me! And I love kale, I really need to try them!
Awww, so sweet of your friend to make you muffins!!
Love what you did with your lentils. I made the same red dahl this week! One thing I've wanted to try with lentils that's totally different is Hannah's lentil cookies from my sweet vegan....
Lentils! Yes. I like them in soup, but haven't experimented with them in other dishes. I'm sure they're great in plenty of things, though, your photos look delicious.
I had never heard of kale chips, but I want to try them! thank you for linking to the recipe, I think I'd really like those things... What kind of seasonings did you use?
I still haven't made peanut sauce I read about it in your last post, but I still want to... Hopefully I'll get around to doing that soon.
That muffin looks great! I'm gonna look up that recipe...
*Swoons*
Chocolate. Coma.
Why oh why are you torturing this poor chocolate-covered vegan over here with such a decadent photo??? Do you have ANY compassion?!
(Just kidding-- of course you have compassion; you're one of the sweetest people I know!)
I love all the lentil meals. What's in the dish in the first pic? Looks kinda like oatmeal.
I've been experimenting with lentils lately too. Oddly enough, I never thought to make dal..oh well--I'll save that for the next can!
I have to echo what others have said about that muffin--incredible! I need to find myself a vegan baker friend too...
I love having tempeh dipped in peanut sauce--it's such a tasty and filling lunch!
Lentil Dal, Sloppy Lentils, Mocha-Chip Muffins, and Kale Chips - any leftovers?!?!?! haha :0)
Those muffins look amazing! Prefect way to have a chocolate induced coma.
Lentils are one of my favourite things, they cook fairly quick and are so versitle. I like making veggie burgers or daal out of them.
Peanut sauce is good stuff, I love dipping random things in it, anything tastes good coated in peanut sauce.
oh yum, times about 50! kale is my favorite green, so hooray! i never knew it had lots of calcium. thanks for the information.
Lentils are my favorite legume!! (haha- how "vegan" is it to play favorites when it comes to beans) and you REALLY do need to try the Snobby Joes! I think you will be blown away!
How nice of your friend to make you muffins! Especially since they have chocolate chips- yum....
I just made kale chips last week and I think I'm in love! I had no idea how much calcium kale had, so I may just have to make these a staple in my house
Yummy meals! And that muffin looks so tempting!
I've been having trouble sleeping, but now I'm certain that your muffin will now appear in my dreams. I must go to bed..!
You have been very busy and eating very well! Love everything!!!
Red lentil dal is one of my favourite staples. That muffin is a classic shot.
the tempeh and chocolate muffin are making me super hungry.. i should probably stop procrastinating and write this stupid paper so i can go home and make muffins
haha I can spot oatmeal a mile away! I thought I was the ONLY one who ate oatmeal as a replacement for rice sometimes with a savory meal. I should’ve known that I wasn’t the only one with this genius idea (great minds think alike). When I have it with dinner, I usually just make it with salt, or with soymilk and salt… but now I am eager to try out nutritional yeast in my oatmeal. Thanks for the idea.
I'm glad I found your blog; I love lentils!
Great meal! I absolutly love lentils. There so many thing one can do with them. My favorite it lentil loaf with mushroom gravy. You should submit this to my Veg Head carnival.
that looks sooo good. and by that i mean everything that you just posted!!!
love the blog!
I LOVE lentils and yours are making me so hungry! And that muffin looks too good. Your friend is very nice! I eat a lot of kale, but I haven't made the chips in a while. They are so crunchy good.
Your a theatre geek too huh! hahah I love it so much... I just cant picture my life without it. If you have a drive to do it try to do something! even if its something small.. theres no feeling like performing :)
I love the cook book... its great because eveything can be prepared in about 30 min... us college students dont have much more time than that!
Uhhh... I have had "VWaV" for nearly two years, and I honestly have never noticed that muffin recipe. What is wrong with me?! That looks absolutely amazing & drool-worthy!
I adore kale chips, in fact, I had them tonight! Of course, I love lentils as well, so everything looks delicious!
I can't handle your pictures! Kale chips! Double chocolate oozing muffin! Oh my. I feel dizzy, I need to sit down!
I still need to try kale chips. Seriously, what's wrong with me? I have kale. I have an oven. Can't believe I haven't made them yet, they look so good. Tonight is the night I think. Also, the daal looks awesome! And those muffins....well there are no words!!!
Hi Lovely~ Have a super day :)
Cheers!
red lentil dal! woooo!
everything looks so delicious!
i think everyone has tried kale chips but me!
Lentils are first on my list of things to experiment with next time I go shopping.
Okay, I MUST make these mocha chip muffins tonight!!
The lentil dishes look delicious! I've been wanting to make sloppy joes for a while now. And I got the right lentils yesterday so now it's just a matter of doing it ;)
And I think I'll be the last person ever to try kale chips =p I still have frozen kale, do you think I could just defrost it and use it?
Can you believe that I have NOT thought to put raw oats into a smoothie?! What a terrific idea… I know what I’m having as part of my breakfast tomorrow!
I’m especially excited about the “chewy bites” part. Chewy things in smoothies are so much fun (even though the sentence I just wrote doesn’t exactly make it sound appetizing!). I love those Asian-inspired smoothies with the boba/tapioca balls.
Post a Comment