
'Ello there, mateys!
I said I'd post more frequently, and at the risk of being called a liar, I was thinking I had better stick to my word.
I have a final tomorrow morning for history, and then my final final (as in, the one before I am set free for the year) is Monday morning. And it's chemistry. At least I have all weekend to study up!
That little muffie up there is none other than the famous Double Chocolate Muffin concocted by none other than the Happy Herbivore. I won a wee little contest on her blog and she ever so kindly mailed two of these babies as my prize. They were so good! And I haven't seen the recipe, but I imagine they are super healthy too. I ate it ever-so-daintily with my mini plastic fork. (I wash it off and like to reuse it for special occasions because it's just so fun to eat with!)

And I tried a Larabar - the cashew cookie kind - and loved it! I'm going to make a homemade version this weekend.

I sense a new addiction coming on... I have been looking at Veg Web a lot recently, and I signed up for an account today. What convinced me? This recipe. Oh my, it's so freakin' tasty, I want to make it again and again. Try it. You won't regret it, especially if you are a sugar-lover. General Tao's Tofu is actually Veg Web's most popular recipe.
I said I'd post more frequently, and at the risk of being called a liar, I was thinking I had better stick to my word.
I have a final tomorrow morning for history, and then my final final (as in, the one before I am set free for the year) is Monday morning. And it's chemistry. At least I have all weekend to study up!
That little muffie up there is none other than the famous Double Chocolate Muffin concocted by none other than the Happy Herbivore. I won a wee little contest on her blog and she ever so kindly mailed two of these babies as my prize. They were so good! And I haven't seen the recipe, but I imagine they are super healthy too. I ate it ever-so-daintily with my mini plastic fork. (I wash it off and like to reuse it for special occasions because it's just so fun to eat with!)

And I tried a Larabar - the cashew cookie kind - and loved it! I'm going to make a homemade version this weekend.

I sense a new addiction coming on... I have been looking at Veg Web a lot recently, and I signed up for an account today. What convinced me? This recipe. Oh my, it's so freakin' tasty, I want to make it again and again. Try it. You won't regret it, especially if you are a sugar-lover. General Tao's Tofu is actually Veg Web's most popular recipe.

And "eh" about this. It's the Asian-Style Scrambled Tofu, one of Isa's variations on scrambled tofu in VwaV. It was good, but her traditional recipe is better.
And to end this barely coherent, rambling post, more sweets are at your service:


My university started carrying a new line of products by Moo Moo's Vegetarian Cuisine. Justice and equality for the vegans - finally! You can find their website here. The Toasted Almond Peachana is the third product of theirs I have tried, but this was their breakfast entree. I have to say, I would buy it again. It's an absolutely gigantic oatmeal bar sweetened only with peaches and bananas. That's it. It's garnished with toasted almonds and cinnamon, and it's enormously healthy - though the fruit-sweetening (I suspect a little juice here) adds a lot of sugar to the nutrition facts label. It's still a perfectly acceptable breakfast, and it's just the right size for my purposes if you serve it with a glass of soymilk (hempmilk is quite the rage these days too) or a decaf soy latte. Mmm!

Today I also made Lolo's Brown Sugar & Peach Muffins (the spelt flour variation). They turned out just okay - I probably won't make them again, but the spelt flour does add something really special.
All righty now, this Ruby Red Vegan needs her beauty sleep for her 8 a.m. test tomorrow morning - wish me luck!
25 comments:
Good luck on your test!
Wow, I checked out the MooMoo's line and all I have to say is I can't wait for it to come to North Carolina!! That breakfast looks awesome. I suppose I could order it online, but I'd have to buy 6. Hmm...
good luck with your test! I love that you use a little mini-fork, too, I have (or used to have before I lost it ;_;) a beautiful tiny spoon with a looooong handle that I called my "delicious spoon" that I would use for puddings and ice creams and stuff. Sometimes I would use it for pie... :p
You ALWAYS have the best looking food! Best of luck on your test!
I wish I could try one of those larabars. They looks so good! And don't get me started on your muffins... I'm drooling right now!
Oooh, those muffins - yum!
As I say over and over again all over the blogging world, I eat Larabars every single day; so of COURSE I'm elated that you liked the Cashew Cookie variety - can't wait to see your homemade version!!
Best of luck on your test, Ruby Red!! you'll do great!!
Your food looks so delicious- I wish my university had such tasty options!
I have been wanting to try larabars, I wouldn't be able to try the cashew cookie flavor unfortunatly due to the fact that they give me hives :(.
That general tao tofu looks delicous, I might have to make it now. I haven't tried scrambled tofu yet, must make me a bad vegan, I think I am the only person that hasn't tried some yet.
Good luck on your finals!
I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one who washes and reuses plastic silverware that I find particularly cute (I always use my mini spork and gelato spoon)! My family thinks I'm so strange for it, but I love it!
I love larabars, but I have never seen a recipe for some homemade ones. But I would love to try making some since they're rather expensive. Plus, it's a great way to break in my new food processor (I finally got one!)
I have been meaning to try and make my own Larabars--thanks for the reminder! I have some dried fruit that I need to use up...
I am so jealous that you have that Moo Moo's cuisine available to you. Sounds delicious!
I hope your test went well this morning:)
Sometimes they make the boba tea with milk, but the balls themselves are vegan. I KNOW those chocolate muffins are delicious, because I made a batch. Ah, the joys of being a Happy Herbivore tester!
Can’t wait to see your homemade Larabars—they look so simple to make, with so few ingredients!
I’ve been wanting to try that General Tao’s recipe (ugh, there are SO many recipes I’ve been wanting to try… there just isn’t enough time in each day!).
Gooooood Luck!!! (Why do they schedule exams at 8AM? There should be a law against that… as well as Saturday exams!)
Cashews Larabars are my favorite! lemon is really good, too. And that General Tao's recipe looks amazing!
Hehe, good to know I'm not the only one with a special utensil for eating treats. Mine is this tiny little teaspoon...makes the treat last longer!
Oh, and I totally agree with your comment on spelt flour. It does wonders to baking.
Good luck! And I'll be checking back to see your variation on the cashew cookie bar - yum-yum!
Larabars are one of my staple snacks. My favorite flavors are chocolate coconut and gingersnap. But pay attention to the expiration date--they do go bad, as I found out the hard way!
Ooh yes, we've made it with quick oats before (well, thatt was before I veganized the recipe) and it still works well :o)
Hehe don't worry-- I'm not abandoning my affinity for cake-making; I have one in the oven right now, for my sister's homecoming (she's coming back from college in Boston).
I'm glad I'm not the only one with Dreenas spreading cookies problem :P I haven't made spelt cookies before, I only have whole spelt at the moment, but I might have to try it soon! The ones I made were made of oat flour.
Mmm that General Taos Tofu looks super yummy! I think I'll have to try the seitan version soon.
Good luck with your test!
Oooh the vegan food at your university is great! That's a really good way to draw other people's attention to veganism, too.
oops, I'm too late to wish you luck, sorry, but I hope your test went well!
Bananas, peanut butter, and peaches all together? I like them all separately, but haven’t ever tried them all together—but if YOU like the combination, then I’m going to try it out!
I’m soooooo excited that peach season is finally upon us!
I have to remember to *not* visit your blog when I am hungry! It all looks so darn tasty! I hope your last exam went well!
Yay! I'm reading this monday afternoon so that means you're done with school!!
I love those cashew lara bars too, I'll look forward to seeing your homemade version!
And yes, vegweb can be addicting. That general tao's tofu is awesome.
Everything looks super, as always. I can't wait to see your homemade Lara bars.
MUFFINS: whole wheat, no refined sugar, no oil or butter, umm... pretty much healthy as can be. There is a little fat from the chips...but thats it.
p.s. i am drooling all over my computer looking at the other food you posted... your food always looks freaking awesome and im so insanely jealous
oh wow, i MUST try this homemade recipe! have you tried it yet?
and i am so jealous that you can get such amazing vegan treats... but i'm very excited and happy for you that your university decided to carry these products!
as always, everything looks phenomenal! and i love your mini fork. i use mine all the time, it's a smurf fork and i have the spoon, too, ha ha =P
hope everything went well with your final =)
Oooh homemade larabars? I hope you post a recipe :) I've seen that General Tao recipe before, and now I think I should make it a priority on the 'to cook' list, yours looks soooo good!
Post a Comment