
I just finished eating this meal approximately 3 seconds ago and it was so incredible that I could not wait another nanosecond to blog about it.
My copy of Pudge-Free Holidays, a brand-new e-cookbook created by the Happy Herbivore herself, arrived in my inbox yesterday and I immediately added the Maple Glazed Vegetables to my meal plan for the week. I picked a really good recipe to start out with! I am so glad I decided not to go out for dinner, because her Maple Glazed Vegetables are better than anything else I could have imagined eating tonight! You are in luck, too; this particular recipe also appears on the Happy Herbivore blog.
To make this awesome meal, first I sautéed a serving of Veganomicon’s Simple Seitan, cut into cubes, in 1 teaspoon canola oil and set aside. I cubed two itty-bitty Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled them for 8 minutes (until fork-tender), and set them aside also. Then I followed the recipe to make a portion to feed just me, using frozen broccoli and the Yukon Golds as my veggies. I made the sauce, including the optional agave nectar, and followed the directions exactly except for substituting lime juice for the lemon. After the sauce was thickened with cornstarch and reduced, I added the seitan back to the pan and tossed to coat. I served it over brown basmati rice and topped it with sesame seeds. This was freaking delicious and so incredibly satisfying that I was quite happy and fulfilled after I ate it!!!

Pudge-Free Holidays also includes many other healthy recipes that I am really excited to try, including Maple-Kissed Pumpkin Muffins, some delish Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes (I have actually kinda tasted them before, when Lindsay mailed a couple double chocolate mint muffins to me as a prize for a contest on her blog), Southern Cornbread, and even a recipe for African Kale and Yams to honor Kwanzaa. Lindsay is selling the cookbook for only 5 dollars on her blog, and I highly recommend it... Even if you don't care about being pudge-free for the holidays, the cookbook is worth it just because of all the yumminess inside!
As for other news -- my city has recently become really, really awesome in terms of vegan eats and dining out. I will be updating very soon with a detailed report!
37 comments:
I own Pudge-Free Holidays too - DEFINITELY an amazing e-cookbook!!!
Sooo fabulous about your city!! Looking forward to reading about the vegan dining :-)
awww i am blushing!! you are the best!!
I love that cookbook!!! I could live on her recipes, yet I haven't tried the veggies yet. They sound amazing =)
Mmm... that dish looks uber delicious! I'm gonna buy Pudge Free holidays as soon as I get me some money!
Can't wait to read your next post.. hooray for vegan friendly cities!
I made those veggies and they are awesome! You made a great dinner.
Wow, you are such a chef! I'm going to go give that recipe another look right now...
You're right; it's such a fabulous cookbook! I'm glad to know you're enjoying it so much.
Oh man, that's going to have to be the next recipe I make from HH's e-cookbook. It looks way too good!
Lindsay's recipes are amazing!
TOTALLY buying it.
omg that looks divine! i need to get that recipe book!
You make the same kind of meals I do: rice with veggies, sauce, and tofu, seitan or tempeh! Those are my favorite meals because they are well balanced, yummy, and pile up nicely on a plate or in a bowl. This will be on my dinner menu for the upcoming week! Thanks for sharing.
thats so great about your city!
Mmm that dish looks lovely!
It is great news that there are plenty of vegan-friendly places to eat nearby. I can't wait to hear about your meals out!
That looks really good! I've heard so many good things about that cookbook.
Wow! This looks absolutely amazing. :D
Sounds like a good cookbook.
This meal looks wonderful. I'm going to check out the recipe. And I can't wait for your report on dining out! I just tried Aya Sofia last night and loved it. Have you been?
I really do need to buy that cookbook! Can't believe it's only $5. This recipe alone looks worth $5!
Wow, I really should buy that cookbook because everyone has been talking about it and that picture looks incredible!!!
LOOKS DELICIOUS!
that meal looks fantastic, all around!
that definitely does look like a great meal!! i love having pineapples in stir fries like that. it adds a pleasant tanginess.
ohhh my goodness i need to make this. your vegetables and seitan looks absolutely..amazing... haha..just drooling a bit, dont mind me ;)
yum that looks ace. I keep meaning to order that ebook!
Lets talk as saturday gets closer, but maybe we could meet early at soulard, do our shopping and then I'll drive us for brunch at Vegadeli. Jess should come too if she's free!
I still haven't ordered Pudge Free, but this is another reminder to get my butt over there and buy it...the maple veggies sounds so good!
ooohH!!!! that sounds great!!
can't wait to see what reviews you post soon!
Yummy!!! When I first saw the picture of this meal, I though you got it at a restaurant. I'm definitely planning on making this one. Thanks so much!!!
Oh how I wish I had some of that for dinner!
seitan + broccoli = love!
Sounds like a perfect meal to me!
Cute name for a cookbook! That dinner looks (and sounds) reeeeeealllllly delicious.
Can't wait to hear more about the vegan eats in your 'hood!
ooo pudge-free holidays sounds perfect for me...
That looks fantastic!
Wow is this one mouth watering post! Yum! Sending patience your way. :o)
That dish looks awesome- I definitely must get this e-book to try some of the recipes!
That meal looks amazing!!! Totally cool that you are cooking out of Pudge-Free Holidays!! Looks so yummy!
that's my kind of meal! this book sounds great!
Post a Comment