Monday, November 26, 2007

The Cookies I Promised



I made Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies, recipe courtesy of Dreena Burton. I did substitute white spelt flour for all-purpose, so I added 2 extra tablespoons of flour. Dreena suggests using up to 4 extra. I should have done that, because my cookies turned out a little mushy! I was so disappointed because I've made quarter batches of these cookies many times before for myself, and of course I mess up the time I make a full batch for my family. Oh well. Here's the after photo (not as crispy as they should be):






I call my version "Mushy Cookies." Ha. Here's a soy latte I made for myself, with extra foam, for your viewing pleasure:


6 comments:

Rose said...

Hi! I too love Dreena's Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies, they're so good :)

By the way, it's great to see another vegan blogger - I love discovering new blogs!

Sheree' said...

Hey, chocolate chip cookies are good no matter how they turn out. I think yours look great. I might just have to go make myself a batch! I just found your blog from veggie girl. Nice to find new vegan friends and read of their cooking adventures. :o)

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Mmmm the cookies look delicious, even if they did turn out too mushy! And that latte-- yum!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

mushy, soft cookies are my favorite kind!! no hard, crunchy cookies for me - I'll take the leftovers from your batch, please!! but with carob ;0)

Anonymous said...

every time I make cookies for special occasions/people other than me or the husband, they fail. it's frustrating but I guess we're left with the only solution of laughing about it? and eating cookies of course. :)

Anonymous said...

Foam?! Looks amazing, even though I don't drink coffee.